33a Derrimut Street
Albion VIC 3020
Melways Ref: 26 E10
Phone: 9311 3375
Fax: 9311 3393
Nominated Supervisor: Cherie Poetzinger
Educational Leader: Cherie Poetzinger
ACECQA National Quality Standard (NQS) Rating:
QA1: Educational program and practice – Exceeding NQS
QA2: Children’s health and safety – Exceeding NQS
QA3: Physical environment – Exceeding NQS
QA4: Staffing arrangements – Meeting NQS
QA5: Relationships with children – Meeting NQS
QA6: Collaborative partnerships with families and communities – Exceeding NQS
QA7: Leadership and service management – Meeting NQS
Overall rating: Exceeding NQS
About the Centre
Albion Kindergarten offers two 4 year old groups.
2018 Session Times:
4 year old kindergarten – 15 hours per week
Wednesday & Friday:
|8.15am – 12.15pm|
8.15am – 1.45pm
Tuesday & Thursday:
|12.45pm – 4.45pm|
8.30am – 2.00pm
2018 Term Fees:
$380 per term
BPA Children’s Services sets annual fees based on the shortfall between Government funding and the operating costs of the centre.
Fee Subsidy for Low Income Families:
As per State Government Policy, Concession Card Holders are entitled to 15 hrs per week of free kindergarten in the four year old program only. The concession card must be sighted by a member of BPA Children’s Services staff when requested. Failure to show a valid concession card will result in full fees being charged. There is no subsidy for three year old programs.
- At Albion Kindergarten we are proud to offer a program to children and families which present them the opportunity to grow into successful, competent and capable learners with inquiring minds for knowledge. We acknowledge that children are unique and develop interests and strengths at their own pace.
- Families are supported to feel welcome and part of the Kindergarten community as we believe it is an extension of their own family life which we value. As families are the main educator we invite them to contribute to the program by sharing their backgrounds and beliefs to foster all of our learning.
- At Albion Kindergarten we work closely with our local Primary Schools and Maternal Health Nurses.
- We are committed to the rights of all children to feel safe and be safe including promoting the cultural safety of Aboriginal children, children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and the safety of children with additional needs.
- Staff recognise multilingualism as an asset and support all children through play and visual learning to maintain their first language. Through networking with different communities we are developing our own knowledge of families and other languages.
- Our high quality program takes on a holistic approach incorporating all the different abilities and individuals we have in the Kindergarten. Children are encouraged to explore, problem solve, communicate, think, create and construct through play based learning experiences. Child and adult initiated experiences are planned and reflected on by staff regularly to ensure that every child has the optimal opportunity to develop and gain from their Kindergarten year.
- We work together with colleagues to maintain and provide a high quality service and support as well as assist each other with professional development.
Four Year Old Kindergarten
To be eligible for four year old kindergarten a child must turn four years of age on or before 30th of April in the year of attendance.
To register your child in 4 year old kindergarten, please collect a form from the kindergarten or Brimbank City Council who runs the Central Registration system.
Specific enquiries can be directed to:
Preschool Central Registration Administration Officer on 9249 4490 or email@example.com
or to download a form click on the following link: Brimbank City Council – Preschool Registration
Three Year Old Kindergarten
This centre does not currently offer a 3 year old program.