5 Aycliffe Drive
Deer Park VIC 3023
Melways Ref: 25 B3
Phone: 9363 6574
Fax: 8390 5153
Nominated Supervisor: Melissa Whitlow
Educational Leader: Melissa Whitlow
National Quality Standard (NQS) Rating:
QA1: Educational program and practice – Exceeding NQS
QA2: Children’s health and safety – Exceeding NQS
QA3: Physical environment – Exceeding NQS
QA4: Staffing arrangements – Exceeding NQS
QA5: Relationships with children – Exceeding NQS
QA6: Collaborative partnerships with families and communities – Exceeding NQS
QA7: Leadership and service management – Exceeding NQS
Overall rating: Exceeding NQS
About the Centre
Aycliffe Drive Kindergarten offers two 4 year old programs.
2018 Session Times:
4 year old kindergarten – 15 hours per week
Tuesday & Wednesday:
|8.15am – 12.15pm|
8.15am – 1.45pm
Tuesday & Friday:
|12.45pm – 4.45pm|
8.15am – 1.45pm
2018 Term Fees:
$380 per term
BPA Children’s Services sets annual fees based on the shortfall between Government funding and the operating costs of the centre.
Fee Subsidy for Low Income Families:
As per State Government Policy, Concession Card Holders are entitled to 15 hours per week of free kindergarten in the four year old program only. The concession card must be sighted by a member of BPA Children’s Services staff when requested. Failure to show a valid concession card will result in full fees being charged. There is no subsidy for three year old programs.
The aim of Aycliffe Drive Kindergarten is to provide a high quality innovative educational program for all children in a nurturing, trusting and stimulating environment with a focus on celebrating our families diverse cultural backgrounds and encouraging children’s individualism and creativity.
We achieve this by:
- Providing a warm, caring and welcoming environment where children feel safe, worthwhile and important.
- Valuing each child’s individualism through intentional teaching, following their interests, listening to their suggestions and ideas to develop appropriate open-ended and natural play experiences, fostering their creativity and encouraging their efforts.
- Providing the opportunity for learning through child initiated play which is facilitated by:
- extended periods of non-interrupted play
- indoor and outdoor play experiences
- Treating all children and families with respect to their cultural background, communicating honestly with parents regarding their child’s developmental progress and maintaining confidentiality.
- Including all children with appropriate support for children with special or additional needs.
- Focusing on positive reinforcement of appropriate behaviours.
- Valuing the contribution of children, parents, committee members and staff in developing the program.
- Using natural and recycled products where possible rather than commercially produced products.
- Valuing our natural environment and being an environmentally friendly and sustainable kindergarten.
Within our program, we have incorporated the National Early Years Learning and Development Framework and the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework.
Four Year Old Kindergarten
To be eligible for four year old kindergarten a child must turn four years of age on or before 30th of April in the year of attendance.
To register your child in 4 year old kindergarten, please collect a form from the kindergarten or Brimbank City Council who runs the Central Registration system.
Specific enquiries can be directed to:
Preschool Central Registration Administration Officer on 9249 4490 or email@example.com
or to download a form click on the following link: Brimbank City Council – Preschool Registration
Three Year Old Kindergarten
This centre does not currently offer a 3 year old program.