Delahey VIC 3037
Melways Ref: 13 C2
Phone: 9307 0488
Fax: 9307 8139
Co-Ordinator: Wivvienne Tran
Educational Leader: Huma Rizvi
ACECQA National Quality Standard (NQS) Rating:
QA1: Educational program and practice – Meeting NQS
QA2: Children’s health and safety – Meeting NQS
QA3: Physical environment – Meeting NQS
QA4: Staffing arrangements – Meeting NQS
QA5: Relationships with children – Meeting NQS
QA6: Collaborative partnerships with families and communities – Meeting NQS
QA7: Leadership and service management – Meeting NQS
Overall rating: Meeting NQS
Centre Operating Hours
Monday to Friday: 7.00am – 6.00pm except Public Holidays and the Monday before Melbourne Cup Day.
On this day staff will be attending professional development. BPA has a strong commitment to ensure that all staff are presented with opportunities to enhance their skills and knowledge, thus insuring that the program offered to your child is of the highest quality.
The centre is closed for 2 weeks over the Christmas/New Year period.
About the Centre
Delahey Children’s Centre is a not for profit community based centre managed by BPA Children’s Services.
We are located within Copperfield’s Family Centre (Community Hub) on Copperfield Drive in Delahey.
Delahey Children’s Centre provides quality care for children with working, non-working and studying parents in a welcoming, stimulating and safe environment.
We strive to achieve a well-balanced, non-bias atmosphere where our programs enhance and assist all educational, developmental, emotional and social skills a child requires in the early years of life.
Aims and Goals of the Centre
Goals for the Children:
- Have a sound self-concept and a positive self-esteem
- Express themselves with creativity and freedom
- Acquire appropriate skills in the areas of receptive and expressive language, fine and gross motor, and cognition, aesthetic (creative)
- Develop relationships that are mutually satisfying and to acquire appropriate social skills
- Be actively and purposefully involved in their learning environment
- Develop independence skills and to take responsibility for their own actions
- Be happy and to enjoy a sense of achievement
Aims of the Staff:
- Be committed to the children at all times
- Provide quality care for all children and families attending the Centre
- Provide a warm, comfortable, safe and nurturing environment expressed through the attitude of staff
- Provide age-related and stage-related learning experiences appropriate to the interests and developmental levels of the individual children
- Respect each staff member’s values and beliefs and foster effective communication between staff in providing support and addressing issues of concerns
- Be approachable to parents and be available for discussions relating to their child’s care
- Be professional with other staff, parents and members of the community. This professionalism extends to respecting other people’s rights to confidentiality and when referring parents to other services
- Treat all children as equals
Contact the centre on 9307 0488 in regards to registration or feel free to visit the centre.