14-16 Black Dog Drive
Brookfield VIC 3338
Melways Ref: 336 G12
Phone: 9971 5093
Nominated Supervisor: Marinka Puljan
Educational Leader: Marinka Puljan
ACECQA National Quality Standard (NQS) Rating:
QA1: Educational program and practice – Meeting NQS
QA2: Children’s health and safety – Meeting NQS
QA3: Physical environment – Meeting NQS
QA4: Staffing arrangements – Meeting NQS
QA5: Relationships with children – Meeting NQS
QA6: Collaborative partnerships with families and communities – Exceeding NQS
QA7: Leadership and service management – Meeting NQS
Overall rating: Meeting NQS
CLICK HERE for a virtual tour of the centre
2020 Session Times
Brookfield Kindergarten offers two 4 year old groups.
4 year old kindergarten – 15 hours per week
Tuesday & Wednesday:
|12.45pm – 4.45pm|
9.00am – 2.30pm
Thursday & Friday:
|8.15am – 12.15pm|
8.15am – 1.45pm
2020 Term Fees
$500 per term
Fee Subsidy for Low Income Families
As per State Government Policy, Concession Card Holders are entitled to 15 hrs per week of free kindergarten in the four year old program only. The concession card must be sighted by a member of BPA Children’s Services staff when requested. Failure to show a valid concession card will result in full fees being charged. There is no subsidy for three year old programs.
This kindergarten philosophy has been developed by the kindergarten staff to provide a holistic approach to children, families and the Brookfield Kindergarten community. It has been influenced by the National Early Years Framework – Being, Belonging and Becoming. The philosophy aims to provide families and community members with an overview of the quality program offered by Brookfield Kindergarten. This philosophy has been developed with the assistance of the Melton Shire Early Years Plan recognising Early Years Education as preparation for life.
In relation to children:
- Each child is valued for who they are as individuals, regardless of ability, culture, religious belief or gender.
- Children are encouraged to express their ideas. Their thoughts are respected and the children’s interests are extended.
- Play is an important avenue for learning and enjoyment, which allows children to investigate, explore and manipulate their environment. Play encourages the development of knowledge.
- The children are encouraged to be independent.
In relation to families and the community:
- Our program shall reflect the culturally diverse nature of the community; and aim to build reciprocal relationships with families and community.
- The program reflects the children’s interests and experiences, allowing for emergent play and intentional teaching to occur.
- The children’s behavior is guided in a positive way, responsive to their needs.
- Of importance is the development of children’s self confidence, sense of self esteem and pride in their achievements, making their learning meaningful.
- Our holistic approach places emphasis on the child’s physical, social, cognitive and emotional development.
- The children’s learning is enhanced with the support of their peers and guided by the teachers. A reflective approach inviting parent and family knowledge is incorporated.
- Families are to be informed to the educational goals. There shall be communication between families and teachers. We value and encourage and value families ideas and suggestions.
Four Year Old Kindergarten
To be eligible for four year old kindergarten a child must turn four years of age on or before 30th of April in the year of attendance.
To register your child in 4 year old kindergarten, please collect a form from the kindergarten or Melton City Council who runs the Central Registration system.
Specific enquiries can be directed to the Melton City Council Kindergartens Team on 9747 7284 or email@example.com
Three Year Old Kindergarten
This centre does not currently offer a 3 year old program.