BPA is a not-for-profit organisation that manages kindergartens and long day care centres in the western suburbs of Melbourne. Our focus is on achieving the best possible outcomes for children, their families, and the wider communities we work with. By joining our team, you can expect a career that’s more than education and care.
Choosing to progress your career in a not-for-profit organisation like BPA means that you’ll be putting your skills towards something that matters. Start the day with purpose and end it with the knowledge that you’re doing work that genuinely helps people. Be valued for the expertise you bring to the table by a passionate team of people who are working for something they believe in.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – KINDERGARTEN 2022
If you are seeking an Early Childhood Teacher or Co-Educator (Diploma Qualified) position in 2022, BPA has a number of vacancies with varying part-time hours, on an ongoing and fixed-term basis in the following locations:
EARLY CHILDHOOD TEACHER POSITIONS
- Brookfield (9.25 hours p/w)
- Cairnlea (10.25 hours p/w)
- Footscray (8.75 hours p/w)
- North Sunshine (10.25 hours p/w)
- Sunshine West (25.25 hours p/w)
- St Albans (Fixed Term until Dec 2022, 26 hours p/w) *
- Taylors Hill (9.50 hours p/w)
- Yarraville (Fixed Term until Dec 2022, 26 hours p/w)
Applicants interested in the centres marked with an asterisk (*) are eligible for a State Government Funded location incentive of up to an amount of $9,000.
EARLY CHILDHOOD CO-EDUCATOR (DIPLOMA) POSITIONS
- Ardeer (20.75 hours p/w)
- Maidstone (20.75 hours p/w)
- Kingsville (16.75 hours p/w)
- Kingsville ( 17.25 hours p/w)
- Strathmore (13.75 hours p/w)
- Sunshine West (7.75 hour p/w)
To view the Position Descriptions and our Employee Value Proposition please visit the BPA website – www.bpachildrenservices.com (Careers).
BPA is proud to have a diverse group of passionate educators. To be successful, you will be committed to quality and have:
- The right to work in Australia
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Teaching (or equivalent) with VIT Registration (Teacher)
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (or equivalent) with Working with Children Check (Co-Educator)
- Current Police Check (within the last 6 months)
- Experience working with children with a wide range of diverse additional needs
- Sound knowledge of, and experience implementing the Early Years Learning Framework, National Quality Standards, and Child Safe Standards
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with co-workers and families
- Ability to work and engage in a team environment
- Be proactive and continually reflect and implement strategies to improve the educational program
We acknowledge the challenges of pursuing a career in the early childhood industry, which is why we proudly offer:
- Above VECTEA Award payments – ie. KIS Applications, Transition Statements, Nominated Supervisors and Educational Leaders
- Additional Administration time for all educators in-sessional Kindergarten
- Regular Professional Development days
- Regular access to an Early Years Advisor
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Funded First Aid and OHS training for staff
- Regular Network Meetings with other BPA Educators
- Training and support for Educational Leaders
- Training for new ECT’s (and those currently studying) in understanding the administrative requirements of the position
To submit an expression of interest, please submit a copy of your current Resume and include the following in your cover letter:
- Centre/s you are interested in applying for
- A statement of your personal philosophy
- A list of your knowledge and strengths, as well as identifying any areas for improvement
- A statement of what you believe you can bring to the organisation
If you would like to know more information, please call Sarah O’Kelly on 9312-3689.
Applications close on 30 November 2021.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date. Closing Date is subject to change without notice.
BPA value and respect diversity and welcome applications from people from all walks of life. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. Some roles require pre-screening such as Police and Working with Children Checks, as outlined in the position description.
The above positions, sessions, and hours are subject to change.
BPA asks when applying for a position you consider the centre Philosophy and whether it matches your own personal Philosophy. Centre Philosophies can be viewed on each centres individual page on the BPA website.
Please click the link below to view the relevant Position Description:
BPA Early Childhood kindergarten staff are employed under VECTEA conditions and child care staff are employed under the Children’s Services Award 2010. BPA offers above award pay and conditions.
BPA Employment Value Proposition
BPA offers our employees a range of above award pay and/or conditions, as well as additional support. To see what BPA has to offer you please click HERE to view our Employee Value Proposition.
BPA Children’s Services is committed to the right of every child to have access to quality early childhood education programs. BPA Children’s Services believes that the principles of equity, access, and cultural relevance must be developed and implemented for the benefit of the children and their families participating in these programs.
BPA is committed to the rights of all children to feel safe, and be safe at all times including, promoting the cultural safety of Aboriginal children, children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and the safety of children with a disability.
If you are interested in any of the above positions please apply via Seek.
You will be contacted by return email should you meet the criteria and will progress to the next stage of the recruitment process.
BPA respects your right to privacy. We collect necessary personal information for use during our recruitment process. For more information, click here to view our Privacy Statement.
For further information on any of the advertised positions please contact BPA on 9312 3689 during office hours (Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 3.00pm).
If you are interested in joining our organisation on a casual or part-time basis please forward your resume to email@example.com