3 & 4 year old registrations are managed by each individual Council area, please see below links for further information.
No Jab No Play – Information for Parents
From 1 January 2016, all parents/guardians seeking to register their child at an early childhood service in Victoria must provide evidence that their child is:
- fully immunised for their age OR
- on a vaccination catch-up program OR
- unable to be fully immunised for medical reasons
The ‘No Jab No Play’ law will apply to all early childhood education and care services in Victoria that provide:
- long day care
- occasional care
- family day care
What you need to do…
If your child is fully immunised you may not need to do anything in order to meet the No Jab No Play requirements, existing legislation already requires that immunisation information is provided on registration in an early childhood education and care service.
You can get a copy of your child’s most recent Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR) as evidence of your child’s immunisation.
To request an Immunisation History Statement please contact the ACIR:
- Phone: 1800 653 809
- Website: Medicare Australia
- visit a Medicare or Centrelink office
If your child is not fully immunised, or your child is fully immunised and you’re interested to find out more, you may wish to:
- locate and consult your nearest immunisation provider (Select ‘Immunisation’ from the ‘Service’ menu)
- talk to your regular family doctor
- read the ‘Immunisation – ’ fact sheet to find out what vaccines are due and when
- read the ‘Immunisation – facts and ’ fact sheet if you have questions or concerns about vaccine safety
- view the No Jab No frequently asked questions
- read the brochure ‘Starting childcare or kindergarten? Immunisation information for parents enrolling a child‘, which is also available in a range of