125 Ridgeway Parade
Sunshine West VIC 3020
Melways Ref: 26 A12
Phone: 9363 7774
Nominated Supervisor: Jodie Williams
Educational Leader: Cassie Mulcahy
ACECQA National Quality Standard (NQS) Rating:
QA1: Educational program and practice – Meeting NQS
QA2: Children’s health and safety – Exceeding NQS
QA3: Physical environment – Exceeding NQS
QA4: Staffing arrangements – Meeting NQS
QA5: Relationships with children – Meeting NQS
QA6: Collaborative partnerships with families and communities – Exceeding NQS
QA7: Leadership and service management – Exceeding NQS
Overall rating: Exceeding NQS
2022 Session Times
Please refer to the Home page for a list of 2022 kindergarten timetables for BPA centres located in Brimbank.
2021 Session Times
4 year old kindergarten – 15 hours per week
Monday: 8.15am – 12.15pm
Tuesday: 8.15am – 1.45pm
Thursday: 11.15am – 4.45pm
Monday: 12.45pm – 4.45pm
Wednesday: 8.15am – 1.45pm
Friday: 8.15am – 1.45pm
3 year old Kindergarten – 5 hours per week
Wednesday: 2.15pm – 4.45pm
Thursday: 8.15am – 10.45am
2021 Term Fees
Free in 2021 as part of the Victorian State Government Initiative.
$75 per term – Reduced fees in 2021 as part of the Victorian State Government Initiative.
At Kellie O’Connell Kindergarten we acknowledge that we play and learn on Wurundjeri land and pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging. Our service is guided by the policies and procedures designed and implemented by Brimbank Preschool Association (BPA) as our governing body.
As a team of Educators our beliefs for your child’s learning are to:
- Create a welcoming environment for all who spend time at the kindergarten.
- Provide a safe, trusting and engaging learning space for all.
- Create an extension of home.
- Implement an indoor/outdoor program and foster choice, encouraging children to try new opportunities and take risks.
- Support sustainability learning through play.
- Support your child to find their voice and share their wisdom with others.
- Engage in play to develop many aspects of learning.
- Incorporate incursions as a different medium for learning experiences.
As Educators we strive to:
- Work in collaboration with one another in a respectful and professional way.
- Engage in meaningful interaction with children.
- Provide holistic learning opportunities.
- Provide individualised learning opportunities guided by learning frameworks.
- Support children in their year prior to starting school.
- Continue to develop our learning through professional development.
- Create engaging play-based learning opportunities.
In order to support families, we aim to:
- Support parents beliefs and needs where we can.
- Engage in regular interactions that build trust and offer relationship building and support.
- Seek out agencies that can offer further support.
- Create a space where children and families want to be.
To support our greater community:
- We aim to work in collaboration with allied health, families and our community for positive outcomes for children.
Four Year Old Kindergarten
To be eligible for four year old kindergarten a child must turn four years of age on or before the 30th of April in the year of attendance.
To register your child in 4 year old kindergarten, please collect a form from the kindergarten or Brimbank City Council who runs the Central Registration system.
Specific enquiries can be directed to:
Preschool Central Registration Administration Officer on 9249 4490 or firstname.lastname@example.org
or to download a form click on the following link: Brimbank City Council – Preschool Registration
Three Year Old Kindergarten
To be eligible for 3 year old kindergarten a child must turn three years of age on or before the 30th April in the year of attendance.
Children CANNOT commence before they turn three years of age.
THOSE CHILDREN OFFERED A PLACE BUT TURN THREE AFTER THE START OF TERM 1 (AND PRIOR TO 30TH APRIL) MAY HOLD A PLACE FOR THAT CHILD BY PAYING THE TERM 1 FEES IN FULL.
To register your child in 3 year old kindergarten, please collect a form from the kindergarten or BPA Children’s Services who operates the Registration System for 3 Year Old Kindergarten at this service.
Enquiries can be directed to Raylee Waters on 9312 3689 or email@example.com
To download an Expression of Interest or Registration form please refer to the 3 Year Old Registration Forms tab to the right of screen.