125 Ridgeway Parade
Sunshine West VIC 3020
Phone: 9363 7774
Nominated Supervisor: Puja Kumar
Educational Leader: Cassie Mulcahy
ACECQA National Quality Standard (NQS) Rating:
QA1: Educational program and practice – Exceeding NQS
QA2: Children’s health and safety – Exceeding NQS
QA3: Physical environment – Exceeding NQS
QA4: Staffing arrangements – Exceeding NQS
QA5: Relationships with children – Exceeding NQS
QA6: Collaborative partnerships with families and communities – Exceeding NQS
QA7: Leadership and service management – Exceeding NQS
Overall rating: Exceeding NQS
2022 Session Times
4 year old kindergarten – 15 hours per week
Monday: 8.15am – 12.15pm
Tuesday: 8.15am – 1.45pm
Thursday: 11.15am – 4.45pm
Monday: 12.45pm – 4.45pm
Wednesday: 8.15am – 1.45pm
Friday: 8.15am – 1.45pm
3 year old Kindergarten – 5 hours per week
Wednesday: 2.15pm – 4.45pm
Thursday: 8.15am – 10.45am
2022 Term Fees
4 year old kindergarten – $510 per term
3 year old kindergarten – $180 per term
Fee Subsidy for Low Income Families
As per State Government Policy, Concession Card Holders are entitled to 15 hours per week of free kindergarten in the four year old program and 5 hours per week of free kindergarten in the three year old program. The concession card must be sighted by a member of BPA Children’s Services staff when requested, failure to show a valid concession card will result in full fees being charged.
At Kellie O’Connell Kindergarten we acknowledge that we play and learn on Wurundjeri land and pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging. Our service is guided by the policies and procedures designed and implemented by Brimbank Preschool Association (BPA) as our governing body.
As a team of Educators our beliefs for your child’s learning are to:
- Create a welcoming environment for all who spend time at the kindergarten.
- Provide a safe, trusting and engaging learning space for all.
- Create an extension of home.
- Implement an indoor/outdoor program and foster choice, encouraging children to try new opportunities and take risks.
- Support sustainability learning through play.
- Support your child to find their voice and share their wisdom with others.
- Engage in play to develop many aspects of learning.
- Incorporate incursions as a different medium for learning experiences.
As Educators we strive to:
- Work in collaboration with one another in a respectful and professional way.
- Engage in meaningful interaction with children.
- Provide holistic learning opportunities.
- Provide individualised learning opportunities guided by learning frameworks.
- Support children in their year prior to starting school.
- Continue to develop our learning through professional development.
- Create engaging play-based learning opportunities.
In order to support families, we aim to:
- Support parents beliefs and needs where we can.
- Engage in regular interactions that build trust and offer relationship building and support.
- Seek out agencies that can offer further support.
- Create a space where children and families want to be.
To support our greater community:
- We aim to work in collaboration with allied health, families and our community for positive outcomes for children.
3YO & 4YO Registration
To be eligible for four year old kindergarten a child must turn four years of age on or before the 30th of April in the year of attendance.
To register your child in 3 year old or 4 year old kindergarten, please contact Brimbank City Council below:
- Preschool Central Registration Administration Officer:
- Phone: 9249 4490
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download a form click on the following link: