60A Bishop Street
Yarraville VIC 3013
Phone: 9314 2265
Nominated Supervisor: Ricci Powell
Educational Leader: Sandra Knight
ACECQA National Quality Standard (NQS) Rating:
QA1: Educational program and practice – Meeting NQS
QA2: Children’s health and safety – Meeting NQS
QA3: Physical environment – Meeting NQS
QA4: Staffing arrangements – Meeting NQS
QA5: Relationships with children – Exceeding NQS
QA6: Collaborative partnerships with families and communities – Meeting NQS
QA7: Leadership and service management – Meeting NQS
Overall rating: Meeting NQS
2022 Session Times
4 year old Kindergarten – 15 hours per week
Wednesday: 8.15am – 3.45pm
Friday: 8.15am – 3.45pm
Monday: 8.15am – 1.15pm
Tuesday: 8.15am – 1.15pm
Thursday: 11.45am – 4.45pm
3 year old Kindergarten – 5 hours per week
Tuesday: 2.00pm – 4.30pm
Thursday: 8.30am – 11.00am
2022 Term Fees
4 year old kindergarten – $560 per term
3 year old kindergarten – $200 per term
Fee Subsidy for Low Income Families
As per State Government Policy, Concession Card Holders are entitled to 15 hours per week of free kindergarten in the four year old program and 5 hours per week of free kindergarten in the three year old program. The concession card must be sighted by a member of BPA Children’s Services staff when requested, failure to show a valid concession card will result in full fees being charged.
Welcome to Merriwa Kindergarten. We are located next door to Kingsville Primary School in Yarraville.
- We believe that every child matters and every moment matters
- We respect the original inhabitants of our land, the Wurundjeri people, and honour and acknowledge them as Australia’s first people.
- We have high expectations for everyone. We view children as capable learners, and believe they should be empowered to drive their own learning.
- We believe all members of the Merriwa community have a responsibility to each other and to our environment – that along with the right to Belong comes the responsibility to treat each other and our environment with respect.
- We believe that reciprocal partnerships with families are essential, and that collaborating with families provides the best outcomes for children.
- We believe children have a right to uninterrupted time to experiment, explore and discover; to develop at their own pace. They have a right to ‘be’.
- We value and celebrate diversity.
- We believe the environment is the third teacher, and take pride in creating an environment that is aesthetically pleasing and inspires wonder and exploration.
- We encourage the promotion and use of natural and recycled materials in the environment and program.
- We believe children learn best when they and their families are respected and their backgrounds embraced – when they have a sense of Belonging.
- We know that the development of a healthy self-esteem is essential to the development of all areas of learning
- We believe intentional teaching is an integral part of the program
- We believe that learning is an on-going process for children, parents and educators alike.
- We believe as educators we should constantly reflect critically on our practice.
3YO & 4YO Registration
To be eligible for four year old kindergarten a child must turn four years of age on or before the 30th of April in the year of attendance.
To register your child in 4 year old kindergarten, please collect a form from the kindergarten or Maribyrnong City Council who runs the Central Registration system.
Specific enquiries can be directed to:
- Central Registration Officer:
- Phone: 9688 0116
- Email: email@example.com
- For further information please visit the Maribyrnong Council website: