Sunshine North VIC 3020
Melways Ref: 26 J10
Phone: 9311 4130
Fax: 9311 0758
Nominated Supervisor: Stella Paris
Educational Leader: Stella Paris
ACECQA National Quality Standard (NQS) Rating:
QA1: Educational program and practice – Exceeding NQS
QA2: Children’s health and safety – Exceeding NQS
QA3: Physical environment – Meeting NQS
QA4: Staffing arrangements – Exceeding NQS
QA5: Relationships with children – Exceeding NQS
QA6: Collaborative partnerships with families and communities – Exceeding NQS
QA7: Leadership and service management – Exceeding NQS
Overall rating: Exceeding NQS
2019 Session Times
North Sunshine Kindergarten offers two 4 year old groups.
4 year old kindergarten – 15 hours per week
Wednesday & Friday:
|12.45pm – 4.45pm|
8.30am – 2.00pm
Tuesday & Thursday:
|8.15am – 12.15pm|
8.15am – 1.45pm
2019 Term Fees
$400 per term
Fee Subsidy for Low Income Families
As per State Government Policy, Concession Card Holders are entitled to 15 hrs per week of free kindergarten in the four year old program only. The concession card must be sighted by a member of BPA Children’s Services staff when requested. Failure to show a valid concession card will result in full fees being charged. There is no subsidy for three year old programs.
Our Philosophy at North Sunshine Kindergarten includes:
- Our centre is located on the traditional lands of the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin nation and we wish to acknowledge them as Traditional Owners. We pay our respects to their Elders, past and present.
- We care for, nurture and respect the children and their families at our centre.
- We promote healthy eating and lifestyles contributing to the well being of every child.
- A holistic program based on current theory and research that is stimulating, open ended and ever changing and evolving.
- A program that incorporates both intentional teaching and child initiated experiences which is underpinned by the relevant Early Years Frameworks (EYLF & VEYLDF).
- A program that supports children’s social and emotional development in an attempt to promote a positive self esteem, an ability to form relationships with peers and adults, to share, turn take, negotiate and resolve conflict.
- A program that supports and stimulates every child’s creativity and imagination.
- An environment that values every child’s unique family story and supports children from all backgrounds.
- An environment that strongly encourages families to maintain their first language and to take pride in their culture.
- A program that recognizes the importance of the natural environment in the lives of children and offers indoor and outdoor experiences giving children the space and freedom to explore and learn.
- A program that understands the importance of early intervention for children who have additional needs, supporting and working closely with them.
- An environment that encourages family participation in whatever way appropriate to individual families and the centre.
- A program that values the experiences and contributions of it’s entire staff.
- We strongly value Literacy within children which is strongly promoted through the library at our centre.
- We value and promote partnerships with schools and the wider community.
- All staff abide by the code of ethics and ensure the children are always safe and supported in their environment.
Four Year Old Kindergarten
To be eligible for four year old kindergarten a child must turn four years of age on or before 30th of April in the year of attendance.
To register your child in 4 year old kindergarten, please collect a form from the kindergarten or Brimbank City Council who runs the Central Registration system.
Specific enquiries can be directed to:
Preschool Central Registration Administration Officer on 9249 4490 or firstname.lastname@example.org
or to download a form click on the following link: Brimbank City Council – Preschool Registration
Three Year Old Kindergarten
This centre does not currently offer a 3 year old program.