7 Community Hub
Sydenham VIC 3037
Melways Ref: 13 B2
Phone: 9390 3267
Fax: 9449 9996
Co-Ordinator: Wivvienne Tran
Educational Leader: Wivvienne Tran
ACECQA National Quality Standard (NQS) Rating:
QA1: Educational program and practice – Meeting NQS
QA2: Children’s health and safety – Meeting NQS
QA3: Physical environment – Meeting NQS
QA4: Staffing arrangements – Meeting NQS
QA5: Relationships with children – Meeting NQS
QA6: Collaborative partnerships with families and communities – Meeting NQS
QA7: Leadership and service management – Meeting NQS
Overall rating: Meeting NQS
Centre Operating Hours
Monday to Friday: 7.00am – 6.00pm
Except for Public Holidays and the Monday before Melbourne Cup Day
On this day staff will be attending professional development. BPA has a strong commitment to ensure that all staff are presented with opportunities to enhance their skills and knowledge, thus insuring that the program offered to your child is of the highest quality.
The centre is closed for 2 weeks over the Christmas/New Year period.
$93.00 per day
$440.00 per week
About the Centre
Sydenham Children’s Centre is a very unique centre that has been providing support to families over the past 10 years.
Sydenham Children’s Centre is a Long Day Care service that offers fully accredited quality programs for children aged between 0 to 5 years old. Care is provided on a full time and part time basis that is flexible to parent requirements.
Sydenham Children’s Centre offers quality care for all children, focusing on developmentally appropriate programs according to children’s interest’s and fosters their development.
Activities are planned by qualified staff members according to the children’s developmental stages which would be implemented in their everyday routine.
- Our centre cordially welcomes cultural diversity and all families are encouraged to share their knowledge, cultural background and heritage to incorporate within our curriculum.
- Communication between educators, families and the community is respected and valued with our open door policy while maintaining confidentiality and respect.
- We believe early childhood education is the foundation for life long learning.
- We believe children and their families are a part of and contribute to the wider community. This is why we incorporate social interaction and exposure to different cultures which expand children’s knowledge and development.
- Each family knows their child best and educators will work in partnership with families to ensure the best learning outcomes for their children.
- We believe children should feel safe, secure, supported and have a strong sense of identity in a fun and educational environment.
- We believe that learning can happen anywhere and anytime thus children’s self help skills are encouraged and independence is broadly supported in our curriculum.
- We promote and provide nutritious meals and encourage an awareness of healthy choices. Our program encourages opportunities for children to participate in physical activity in both indoor and outdoor programs.
- Children are encouraged and supported to participate in their own learning, at their own pace and in their own individual way, through different mediums to achieve their individual goals.
- Our daily educational program adheres to the guidelines set by ACEQA, The National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework.
Please feel free to contact the centre on 9390 3267 or drop into the centre in regards to registration.