No Jab No Play – Information for Parents

From 1 January 2016, all parents/guardians seeking to register their child at an early childhood service in Victoria must provide evidence that their child is:

  • fully immunised for their age OR
  • on a vaccination catch-up program OR
  • unable to be fully immunised for medical reasons

The ‘No Jab No Play’ law does apply to all early childhood education and care services in Victoria that provide:

  • long day care
  • kindergarten
  • occasional care
  • family day care

What you need to do…

If your child is fully immunised you may not need to do anything in order to meet the No Jab No Play requirements, existing legislation already requires that immunisation information is provided on registration in an early childhood education and care service.

You can get a copy of your child’s most recent Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR) as evidence of your child’s immunisation.

To request an Immunisation History Statement please contact the ACIR:

If your child is not fully immunised, or your child is fully immunised and you’re interested to find out more, you may wish to: